The Bottom Line
The Organic Lawn Care Manual by Paul Tukey is the ideal companion for anyone interested in going organic with their lawn care regimen or just curious about lawn care in general. This book is loaded with detailed, yet plain language, organic lawn care know-how as well as general lawn care theory.
Set up like a standard lawn care manual, the only thing you won't find is how to use chemical or synthetic lawn care products. Instead, Paul Tukey explains how to manage a lawn safely and naturally, which makes more sense for the grass, the soil, and you.
- Well written in an easy comprehend style
- Excellent diagrams, illustrations, and photographs
- Removes any doubts about the effectiveness of organic lawn care
- Excellent resource for entire lawn care regimen
- There are no cons to this book unless you are a lawn chemical manufacturer
- Natural, low maintenance system for a beautiful, safe lawn
- Learn how to eliminate weeds and beat pests naturally
- Step by step instructions on how to start a new lawn or improve an existing one
- Learn how to pick and maintain grass varieties for your region
Guide Review - Organic Lawn Care Manual by Paul Tukey
Every once in a while a book so thoroughly covers it's subject that it is considered the Bible of it's topic. The Organic Lawn Care Manual by Paul Tukey is definitely the sacred word of organic lawn care. It has instantly taken top billing among the myriad of text books, pamphlets, articles, and other resources I use not only to write about lawn care, but to professionally maintain lawns and landscapes.
The Organic Lawn Care Manual explains the science behind turf growth and provides the tools needed to implement an organic lawn care program. Once one realizes that conventional lawn care is designed to create dependencies on chemical pesticides and synthetic fertilizers, it is easier to approach lawn care organically. In fact, a simple, low maintenance, common sense approach to lawn care lends itself more to organics than conventional lawn care methods.
This manual is for everyone. You don't have to be a "tree hugger" or environmentalist. You just need a willingness to question conventional lawn care methods, and a desire to do what's best for your lawn, pets, children, and subsequently the whole planet.
Paul Tukey is a top authority in organic lawn care and the founder of safelawns.org, a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting natural lawn care and grounds maintenance.